GeoConex is always looking for motivated and qualified people to fill positions at our company. Our dedicated, energetic and friendly team is committed to providing the highest standards of public safety solutions and customer service.
Currently, we are looking for an Installation/Support Technician in our Corporate Office located in Knoxville TN. This position will be responsible for staging systems at our facility and at client sites.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Install, configure, and administer networks and servers running MS Windows 2008 servers, Active Directory, and DNS.
· Administer servers and manage shared network resources including printers and shared storage.
· Install and upgrade proprietary applications on new desktops and servers.
· Identify, evaluate, recommend, and deploy patches to servers and desktops.
· Administer enterprise anti-virus solutions using Symantec tools.
· Setup and administer enterprise backups.
· Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware and software products.
· Provide technical assistance with hardware and software problems.
· Involves the transport and installing of heavy objects and use of hand tools.
· This position will travel 80% of the time to customer sites.
· MCSE, CCNA, Network + Preferred
· Thorough knowledge of administration and support of MS Window network, servers, PCs, managing and configuring MS Windows Server 2008 , MS Window XP, MS Window Vista, Active Directory, installing and configuring desktop applications.
· Experience supporting users in an MS Windows network environment.
· Good understanding of networks including, LAN, WAN, and TCP/IP.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with others of varying technical competency including vendors, customers, managers, peers, and technical research staff.
· Strong learning capability and problem solving skills.
· Knowledge of SQL Server a plus.
· Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life, paid time off and paid holidays package.
· Casual work environment.
To apply, send a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.